Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Grow Thicker Skin

I stumbled upon a post on IG about wanting only 1 kid today. And the real punch is when the caption said, "I don't know why I have to justified my reasons to a stranger." That is something that I feel very often, but I guess I've never really comprehend. I just now that it didn't feel right every time I have conversation about not wanting another kid, I feel obliged to give valid reason why I don't want it for now. I don't have to. I don't have to tell them my reasons. It's my life, my body, my decision.
I guess this is one of the effect of so being used to live in this damned community. Every one wants to know every body business. Well, stop meddling around, people. And since I know it's no use saying that here, I'll just start growing even thicker skin. I'm pretty good at not giving a fuck already, I need to step up my game. And I have to teach my daughter about this.

Her personality is too close to mine to my liking. I hope she picks some of her dads too for her own good. Because being an introvert in this community is not exactly easy. I've never even know that I might be an introvert until my adolescence. I just think that there maybe something wrong with me because I don't like hanging out with too many people, or socializing, as my mother said. 

Growing up, I become an extroverted introvert. Mostly because my mom kept push me to do things outside my comfort zone. I know she just wants the best for me and that she thinks it will be good for me to do all those stuffs. But, I want to let my daughter know that it's okay, to not liking to talk to stranger, it's okay to take your time to familiarize yourself with new friend or environment, and it's okay to be just alone with yourself. 

Having the same personality makes me easier to understand my daughter, but it also means it easier to get thing uglier when we mad. She's not even three but already so often got on my nerves. I need to be more patience. But really though, toddler is something. Hope you are all doing good.

No comments:

Post a Comment