Wednesday, June 16, 2021

June

 Assalamualaikum.

Good morning! So much for trying to be consistent in writing blog posts huh? He he he. Work and other issues are just excuses, really. If I really mean it, I will write a post or two. But I didn't. So I guess I'm not  that keen.

 Looking back, I've always had a journal with me. Be it a small notepad or a pretty diary. I've always had something to write on and I did fill it with a lot of stuff. I found my old notepad yesterday, dated way back to my middle school period. I've forgotten some of things written there, but I still remember some vividly. Those are all precious memories. A part of my experience that defines who I am. 

I'm still doing the same thing whenever I feel lost. Reading my comfort books, listening to my comfort music, and reading my old journal. These help me understand my self more and more than anything assures me that whatever problem I'm facing now, it won't be forever. 

However, I found something odd, I can't found my journal from high school. I'm not sure if I stopped writing at that time or I lost my notes. I do remember writing journal in college though. Maybe I really didn't write in high school. High school was a chaotic and confusing period for me. Not for a puberty or teenager problem (maybe a little), but more of my family situation at that time. I also had someone I consistently talk to at that time. Maybe that's why I did not have any journals.

For whatever reason, I plan to start writing again. I'm waiting for my order now. I always love fancy stationary anyway. I have a bunch of beautiful notepad I cultivate since elementary school. Writing or even just looking at those makes me happy. I hope it will provide me same comfort it did before. 

The older you get, you should know yourself better. And you should put yourself first. It does sound selfish But, who will put you first if not yourself? 


No comments:

Post a Comment