Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Enjoy Your Day

The wet season is really delivered. I haven't seen sun light since a couple of days till this morning. But it also went quickly, covered by the cloud, again. The view from my office window is the same with yesterday, and the day before yesterday, and the day before: cloudy with fat chance of rain. It's dark and it's cold. Such a perfect day to stay indoor with headphone on your ears. My husband called my headphone 'your anti social device' which is true, eventhough it's not really needed considering there's only 5 people top in this huge room. 
I love working with my headphone on. I used to wear one while studying to, which cause some songs have some exam-related memories. It helps me focus and cancelling the noise around me. My playslist doesn't change much since I was in college. The same artists still occupied it, maybe brings their new albums. But, being abroad for a year brings me quite a lot of addition to my music library. Some new artist I learned through overheard from what my neighbours blast from their speaker, others I know from TV's add, and public places's speaker. Shazam was really usefull back then.

It's funny and amazing how people there listen to different artists (the considerably international artists, not obviously the local ones) with the people here. Aussies seems like to love British artist more than American. I discover much amazing Bristish artist there, which I rarely heard when I'm here (not that I have broad knowledge about this, my main source of music knowledge is only one or two mainstream  FM radio). Their songs were played everywhere. In stores, train station, festival, et cetera. Then I came back here and not a single song is heard. So yeah, I'm really happy I found them there and I'm thankful for Spotify.

Working with headphone attached is amazing. But, you have to be careful not to sing along and not to dance. Because it's really easy to lose control over those two things when some really good tunes are up. However, if you have tons of confidence and decent voice, which I don't, it won't be a problem for you. Now, enjoy your cloudy office day. I must begrudgingly admit that no matter how much I love procrastination, I feel better when I have some work done.

No comments:

Post a Comment